Become a Member
PowerAmerica provides value to its members through acceleration of their wide bandgap concept-to-prototype cycle. By accelerating the market introduction of wide bandgap products, industry members grow their business, and university members benefit through collaboration with industry. Join us today.
PowerAmerica supports the growth of its members’ businesses and academic programs through our SiC/GaN ecosystem:
Click the +/- signs to toggle more information about each member benefit.
Comprehensive source of wide bandgap technology technical and business information;
+ executives from leading organizations:
- General Motors
- John Deere
- IHS Markit
- Yole Développement
- ON Semiconductor
- Army Research Lab
- United Technologies
- Power Integrations
- Efficient Power Conversion Corp.
Hear from panels on topics like:
- WBG in Grid and Microgrid Applications
- WBG Manufacturing Challenges
- WBG Commercialization
- Power GaN Applications and Reliability
- High Volume SiC Applications
- Trends in Markets and Technology
Effortless customer/supplier introductions by PowerAmerica staff and focused networking at our semi-annual meetings with typical attendance of over 200 participants;
“PowerAmerica does a fantastic job in getting the engagement of some of the greatest minds within the wide bandgap semiconductor industries, both from the producers and users of the technologies.”
– Atom Power, PowerAmerica member
Access to PowerAmerica’s members-only searchable talent recruitment portal featuring dozens of undergraduate and graduate students trained in wide bandgap technology;
- Unique members-only Web portal profiling dozens of students with education in GaN and SiC devices/applications to facilitate industry recruiting
Funding of member-initiated pre-competitive projects demonstrating the benefits of wide bandgap technology in power electronics systems with results and intellectual property shared by members;
Member Initiated Project Examples (MIPs):
Learn more about MIPs
High-Speed 10 kV SiC MOSFET Power Modules
from NREL/Wolfspeed/Virginia Tech
High Voltage Bi-directional On-Board Charger
with Integrated PCB Winding Magnetic
Components from Virginia Tech
The larger silicon chip (left) compared to a GaN chip (right)
from the University of Tennessee’s MIP project
Texas Tech researcher demonstrating their
independent WBG testing facility
Quick access to long lead-time SiC and GaN pre-production engineering devices and modules;
The PowerAmerica Device/Module Bank eliminates the long lead times of pre-production WBG engineering samples. Learn more about the sample bank.
The PowerAmerica Device Bank features devices and modules from Wolfspeed, Monolith, Microsemi, GeneSiC, Global Power, USCi and Transphorm.
Browse current inventory here.
Access to member-driven wide bandgap technology roadmap;
Members participate in the development of the technology roadmap, charting a course for future wide bandgap technology research.
Discounted access to wide bandgap short courses and tutorials and participation in the 18-member university PowerAmerica ecosystem;
- Short courses offered annually with discounted member rates. View example content here.
- Tutorials offered free to members as part of admission to each annual meeting and summer workshop.
Promotion of PowerAmerica members through media and trade conferences;
What media says about PowerAmerica
“Expert View: Accelerating Commercialization of Wide Bandgap Power Electronics”
– IEEE Power Electronics Magazine
“The Impact of Education in Accelerating Commercialization of Wide Bandgap Power Electronics”
– IEEE Power Electronics Magazine
“Empowering Power Electronics with PowerAmerica” (p. 36-42)
– Compound Semiconductor
Participation in quarterly members-only meetings where we deliver a collective, amplified voice on issues that affect the wide bandgap industry, influencing its direction and growth.
giving them a voice in decision making.
event presentations, a members-only roadmap,
student database and more.
Referrals for SiC and GaN device and module designs, test and reliability services, manufacturing outlets, circuit integration reference drawings, and educational materials.
- PowerAmerica has funded more than $30 million to 112 university projects which generate wide bandgap courses and labs, reference drawings and educational materials.
- Test and reliability services available through NC State University’s Nanofabrication Facility and Group NIRE/Texas Tech.
What our members are saying about PowerAmerica: